THE BEGINNING...


'So I'm starting a blog! I would love to take you on my journey through this space where I began and where I'd like to go.
Check out my concepts from design to product, and also my interests within the fashion world! I'll even be sharing some of my very first work...'

Tuesday 23 July 2013

EMERGING TREND "Layered silhouettes"

I'm about a week delayed but it was Mandela Day on the 18th July and also Madiba's 95th Bday and it marks the 67 years he's spent in making our country a better place. To what it is today. Living in South Africa, especially being in Cape Town I see the City Hall and all these historic buildings that have some connection to the big changes his been a part with. You get to contribute 67 minutes of community service to make South Africa a better place. A nice thing to do is feed  the needy, distribute care packages as well as food parcels- a little time to make a difference….Look at me talking about giving up just over an hour and I'm stuck indoors, in a freezing office LOL 




Anyways, I cannot believe how long this week is taking, today is only Tuesday and I already can't wait for the weekend to stay in a bed a little later...seeing that our weather is freezing cold. Our weather in the CBD was amazing until today, where it bucketed in the early hours and I thought we'd have a cold wet day, well its cold but the rain has disappeared for a bit and I see the sun fighting through the cloudy skies. I feel today has been a long day even though its after 14:00pm already and I didn't forget my headset today :) I'm having one of those weeks I know is going to drag out because I have no work…yes I'm getting paid for nothing BUT I hate having nothing to do! Not like I can kill an hour with lunch, but hey it's coz I'm leaving work early for the special month right :)


Today I am wearing:

  • Leatherette leggings- gift
  • Military shirt- gift
  • black scarf
  • White leather high tops- Reebok
  • Denim sling bag, white Ice watch
Because its so cold today I feel my multiple layers have reminded me of a trend that’s emerging, its layering your clothes in an obvious way. So now instead of wearing a tee, open shirt and jacket you'll wear a micro mini skirt over a pair of tailored pants. Or a longer than usual tunic, like a dress over trousers, its basically the layering over pants more than over the tops. I always think of my mom wearing long length tops and little dresses over pants is so parental like, well she's way ahead of the trend now isn't she LOL Have a look at some trend inspiration below…feel inspired to wear an emerging trend for winter, now :)

very 90's and not street wear friendly lol none the less have a look 
I could do this one, have to wear heels though coz if you short you'll look pretty much untidy.
This look reminds me of something an aunty would wear IF she had bad taste LOL check now its trendy 



Prettiness 


Seems like the peplum trend isn't going anywhere 

Uber trendy...love 
SO the end of the day is less than 2 hours away and the end of Tuesday is almost done sooo I'm excited to say that my car has been at the garage for a while now, small little things that they've been checking…today I get my baby back! :D Driving a courtesy car that looks exactly like yours on the outside doesn't  drive the same, doesn't smell like my car does and isn't in the same colour *weep* I'm just glad I'll have my car parked again :) Just glad i'll have her by the weekend lol hope you have a great evening all!  

RUSH x

No comments:

Post a Comment