THE BEGINNING...


'So I'm starting a blog! I would love to take you on my journey through this space where I began and where I'd like to go.
Check out my concepts from design to product, and also my interests within the fashion world! I'll even be sharing some of my very first work...'

Wednesday 17 July 2013

Dot-Me-Denim

Good day lovely people! The Mother City is looking pretty amazing out today, left the house in layers and now the sun is peeping through the buildings, too bad I can't go out and absorb some rays LOL. Anyways today I got my update on WGSN and I really love denim and I recently become braver with some pattern and print and whats better that printed denim :) It seems fun and exciting, because its winter the textile will just seem to lift the dark dark colours, it's perfect for the our transitional weather.


Fabrics, polka dot decorated denims and chambray (cotton that looks like a denim, but much lighter weight) this decorations are tonal with different size prints. Small or big dots basically. I like the larger scale applications for a bolder effect, suitable for festival trend where the smaller print is more for your daily casual wear. Colours that are key is deep indigo to faded denims also clean shades of blue for chambrays. 

Key items are turned up skinny jeans, high waist easy fit jeans with tapered ankles, buttoned down shirts, indigo silk blouses.  


Today I am wearing:
  • Cream silk shirt- Country Road
  • Emerald chunky cardi- Cotton On
  • Navy super skinny's- Edgars
  • Navy high top All Stars- Sport Scene
  • Printed silk scarf, grey, lilac, emerald, navy 


I really like this textile trend. Its fun and chic at the same time, the shapes of the bottoms which are the relaxed fit jeans and skinny turn up's, simple and easy to wear with everything. Then secondly who doesn't love the denim/ chambray shirt those are essentials BUT not mix top and bottom with it you might look like a hot mess.  








D.I.Y DOTTIES :)

+
Use a round brush
=
The outcome
Hope you all feel inspired to wear some deny, lights, medium and dark blues…not just printed but dotted and spotted amazingly :) You can wear this up and casual, I always try and urban style up everything I wear to make it more me…don't I sound like the hood rat I am not ROFL well I will keep you posted as soon as I find polka dot denim, I little birdy told me that retail stores will have it NEXT year only for high winter! Took long! We so behind in SA, it's sad, but if you wanna really be trendy you can shop online :) Asos sale stuff always rocks and it gets quite affordable on sale.


RUSH x

No comments:

Post a Comment