THE BEGINNING...


'So I'm starting a blog! I would love to take you on my journey through this space where I began and where I'd like to go.
Check out my concepts from design to product, and also my interests within the fashion world! I'll even be sharing some of my very first work...'

Wednesday 1 May 2013

THIS SHITS CONCRETE...

 The best thing about having a mid-week break is that you get to take your alarm off for just one day and wake up on your own  J I'd say my morning had been so laid back. I think nothing beats having some brekki in bed and laughing to your favorite cartoon and then for the rest of my day I decide to be absolutely carefree and not even brush my hair! Then I ended up getting back into PJ's after i showered LOL!

ANNOYED at the cricket (IPL- which lasts for a whole damn season) which seem to be the only thing I see when I walk pass a TV in my household and it sucks! I’m rather listening to music and bonding with my laptop then hopefully share my insight on something new and trending…
So it’s too cliché to label these looks as "concrete jungle" feels too much as if it’s already been said and done, over used and absolutely abused. Have a look at these cool editorial shots I've found. 

I totally dig this edit because when people think fashion or fashion photography they think clean and polished, I like that this is edgy where location is concerned outside in the streets always seem more real than a lame studio and me being a well put together sloppy little mess I prefer this laid back outside shots.
cool and chic
If you look at the clothes in the images they are simple shapes, I think bold statements are better than an entire loud look. Anyhow I looove accessories it’s a little bit of my weakness ring stacks are quite cool, it’s even better if they mid rings yaaay! These pics below are a bit random but these are my absolute favourites… skull + heart and Hello Kitty + bows 
Skull + heart
Mid rings
Hello Kitty + bow

Song currently stuck in my head:
Maroon 5- Doin’ Dirt

‘Hold me we’re dancing in the dark of the night
You’re shining like a neon light
I light you up, when I get inside
So won’t you touch me? Cos everybody’s watching us now
We’re putting on a show for the crowd
So turn it up baby make it loud’
Colour pop!
Printed maxi's 

Horses stack rings

It doesn't look like camo print will be going anywhere soon...still need to get me a tee maybe
I have quite an obsession about accessories *sigh* it’s quite bad but I thought I stopped and over the last month there’s been a new collar necklace, and more recently two sets of rings LOL. Anyways I’m totally that person who feels naked and incomplete if I’m not at least a little “decked out”  there are a few basic rules about bling-ing up an outfit though before you leave your house…ALWAYS look in the mirror and take one item off, that’s like rule number one! You cannot wear big bold earrings with a statement neck piece and cocktail rings with chunky arm accessories and a loud watch and be that chick who wears “figure” belts OMG that’s a big damn no-no if you own even one chuck it today dude coz I personally feel it does nothing for no one #justsaying

Not sure what I mean by “figure” belt?? It’s those usually wide belts women wear in their waists, basically their smallest part to accentuate their best assets possibly being their boobs and ass, but it just make them look uncomfortable and it’s really unflattering. If you really want to wear a belt in your waist it MUST be a skinny belt with a high waist skirt, dress or pants/shorts. Have a look at some examples below:

...These are the ONLY acceptable ones:

Skinny belts

So on my topic of bling I have this habit of throwing things out constantly because I feel I do not make use of it when someone else can, from clothes, shoes to accessories I do a “clear out” every season and I try and keep my wardrobe and blingage to a certain amount before it become clutter or hoarding (I’m a little OCD lol) because I’m pretty organized. I’m sure you've seen those accessory organizers that you put on a hanger? I have one I never try and over load, anyways I found mine at China Town and I’m never go to that place! It was so dirt cheap like under R40, I’m not sure if they still stock them but I saw that Sass Diva have very similar ones, a bit smaller but still a does the job, theirs are around R120 not sure exactly but it’s definitely something every woman should own:) 

space for all little things, bracelets, bangles, watches, earrings, sunglasses, etc. 

kinda essential for rings easy to see what you have so you will wear all of it :)  
The back is perfect for some of your necklaces :) 
How street fashion across the world inspires




Hope you all liked my little input on concrete fashion and hope i helped you to get organizing ideas for your accessories <3

Enjoy your eve! 
RUSH x

No comments:

Post a Comment