THE BEGINNING...


'So I'm starting a blog! I would love to take you on my journey through this space where I began and where I'd like to go.
Check out my concepts from design to product, and also my interests within the fashion world! I'll even be sharing some of my very first work...'

Monday 7 October 2013

MODERN ROMANCE


Its Monday again and this day flew by surprisingly fast J I’m sure you all had a lovely weekend. Mine was quite chilled, you know the big rugby game was on Saturday and the All Blacks won once again…I am honestly not a fan of the sport BUT because almost every male I know loves the game I have somehow learnt to tolerate it LOL

Anyways the damn office is so dusty someone else just “excuse you” excused my evil totally very inapropes sneeze -__- anyways its so early and I feel like this day is already dragging. Last week of interns (happy coz sjoe is all I’m saying LOL) well right now I’m listening to: Pharell Williams- Happy

One of my favourite kiddy toon films- “Despicable Me” J

Do you not agree with this quote?? LOL I feel incomplete if I forget to spray some perfume before I leave the house….
Today I’m wearing:

·      Cream sheer sleeve blouse- Honey Child
·      Black light wash skinny- Edgars
·      Black Cardi- H&M
·      Black Supergas- Street Fever
·      Coral lippy and peach nails (Rimmel & Inglot)


So today I will be blogging about a cool trend called MODERN ROMANCE, I love the feminist feel. Its so pretty, but edgy, old school inspiration and “new” pastel shades. It’s a trend you can easily make your own, style it simple and wear it clean is my take on it. If you a girly girl you’ll die for how much prettier things are LOL rock a midi length skirt and strap ankle heel with a 3D appliqué blouse. If you more urban and prefer the bf look, wear soft blue denims and florally sheer inset tees J


Have a look at what I find totally inspiring, feel it, own it, wear it… 



This trend is all about ruffles and very pretty feminine details. Influenced by mid-century couture. This look requires basics like a pretty embellished sweatshirt or tough look jacket like a biker in pastel shades J
Shoes and accessories define this look with 3D appliqués, metallic leather and ankle straps and ties.
Key designers who inspire this look- Christopher Kane, Isabel Marant, Burberry and John Rocha.




  It’s important that you keep this look true to the trend and not too girly. Items like a soft colour cap with a frilly skater skirt in new pastels with cami's, embellished sweat tops and the slip dress J



Footwear & accessories is ultra femme and strappy pretty ankle ties, also thick and chunky block heels and the new mules or slides are the hot spring footwear options. 3D-embellished floral trims provide a touch of whimsy for handheld bags and waist-cinching belts, with floral motifs highlighting jewelry options such as the choker necklace. The mood for 1950s-inspired cat’s-eye sunglasses is ongoing.

  A pretty palette of candy-coated pastels with focus on baby/sky blue, soft/pale yellows, sea-foam, mint and pale lilac. Hot pink and whitened gold are accents, while white is a grounding main shade.

Modern Romance has the prettiest new fabrics 





I hope you all feel a little inspired by all these pretty little colours, I feel the need to be a lot more girly now and its got me excited you should be too!

RUSH x

No comments:

Post a Comment