THE BEGINNING...


'So I'm starting a blog! I would love to take you on my journey through this space where I began and where I'd like to go.
Check out my concepts from design to product, and also my interests within the fashion world! I'll even be sharing some of my very first work...'

Friday 2 August 2013

visual beings...

Its Friiiiiday!! And the weather looks absolutely stunning in the Mother City, there is a slight breeze and I already see sunshine hitting the tall buildings of Cape Town all day that’s just disappeared from blinding me. I'm blogging as I've come to realize finding things to do when you have no work is by by far the hardest thing to do. I hope today flies because then its weekend, and believe it or not this is the last weekend in the month of Ramadaan… Its funny that I'm so bored I'm finding it hard to come up with words LOL well then I put some images together of what I'd more or less like to wear for Eid :)


So this day is dragging like a mofo you can't imagine! Looking at my clock in the corner of my screen and all I'm thinking to myself "2 more hours!!?" I've been sitting by the intern for the last half hour and we bitched to each other about how they can just send us home coz we have nothing to do but talk talk talk and sniff terrible expensive perfumes in fancy magazines. While I sit and faff trying to look productive as hell, even though my manager right next to me knows I have not a  single stitch of work to do lol I sit and check out WGSN and I come across very innovative and creative ways of visual merchandising, its not what I do but I find it very appealing when I see this kind of amazing layouts. I think us as not only human but customers we are visual, we see stuff that attracts the eye. You know when you see something you must have its coz it caught your eye :) 





I've always and will forever be a sneakers kinda chick, love them anne I love my Allstars as they've become my staple day-to-day shoes, I'm also a sucker for a good jeans and nice makeup lol. Have a look at these cool pics below, Converse is amazingly cool and the jeans hanging are so sick! I wish we had more concept stores around 


Its actually quite amazing how we are a lll different yet all the same…we are attracted by what we see, our senses are so strong they determine how we react and feel towards something or someone. In the end our fascination with all that’s "beautiful" is was gives us common ground even though we have different expectations and perceptions. Think about it :)





Today I am wearing:
  • Printed boxy tee- Cotton On
  • Camel cardi- H&M
  • BF jeans- Levi
  • Camel slipper pumps- cheapy random shoe shop
  • Leopard print scarf
Time is ticking…really slowly! But I am excited to buy some denims and a new pair of kicks :) I need to go to the shops this weekend  I need some stuff but I'm also dreading it coz its gonna be manic and crazy. won't hurt to check it out, so I'm just gonna go and turn around if it sucks too badly LOL anyways hope you all have a great Friday and that you have a fantastic weekend! After this weekend approaches a long weekend!!

RUSH x

No comments:

Post a Comment