THE BEGINNING...


'So I'm starting a blog! I would love to take you on my journey through this space where I began and where I'd like to go.
Check out my concepts from design to product, and also my interests within the fashion world! I'll even be sharing some of my very first work...'

Friday 21 June 2013

fairytales vs reality

TGIF!!! I feel that finally this drab long (3day) dragging week is coming to an end and the weekend is like a half day away! I am in such a good space despite the fact that my work load is limited and that i have an intern thats going to be attached to me from monday LOL! I was off on Tuesday and Monday was a public holiday, made me soooo lazy! So i turned a year older just last week Thursday and i feel amazing even so! I love all my prezzies absolutely crazy about every single one of them and i get to wear something new everyday :) My gifts included super cool and cute things from a huge bag of sweeties and cookies and cupcakes to a pretty handbag, lots of accessories, flowers and trending pieces all worn as interchangeable looks yaaay me! Anyways In the world of fairytales everything is either really grim and creepy or lovely and whimsical. 

And like all things amazing so are birthdays :) Thing is fairytales are magical stories that make our minds wander to amazing places, like story books and fictional characters films and novels are based on the same concept where you can drift your mind away into another space and use your imagination…I'm pretty sure I was an imaginative kid coz I to the day I enjoy fairytales coz i love disney movies "Tangled" as well as "Brave" check it out sometime, shows how a princess can be rather than a prissy little doll.



True or false? i can't justify if its true, there are some good wolves out there
I know that I'm none conventional not even a "normal" kinda chick, thing is I've seen what the "normal" girls look like and they have quite a drab taste its tragic! They prob think I'm a sad case where I wear sneaks with dresses LOL thing Is normal seems boring to me -_- so typical of a designer to say "dress how how feel" "you create your own style" blah blah blah, cliché but all true…I totally dress how I feel but also more importantly according to the weather and event right, can't be dressing formal to a braai or casual to work. I love sneakers so much I cross the professional line on a lost daily basis hahaha! 

Stunning 
pretty and inspiring 
what i'm listening to: little dragon- ritual union 
So on the fact that I'm blogging on a random train of messy thoughts I bring to you my little thoughts…hope you feel inspired to have a fun-filled weekend too. 
"Tangled" i'd totally be this kinda randomly awkward princess LOL

Today I am wearing: 
Chambray denim shirt- Cherokee
Acid yellow crop- Legit
Light grey high waist maxi- My own
White All Stars (Yes I live in them, they are my staple LOL)
Yellow and gold link bracelets- Mr Price
horoscope/ peace sign and crystal necklace- Sass Diva

...wearing something i haven't worn in literally years, an alice band LOL leather with cold studs 

So because i'm in a skirt myself, and over the last year or so I've become really quite a fan of the maxi/ tube dress/ skirt. i always thought i was too short to wear a long dress but apparently not! love em :) today i'll be telling you more about the "Midi" its basically a mid calf length skirt, very fifties, totally dig it; however I'm not too sure i can pull off this awkward length I'm sadly too short haha! BUT i could try while wearing wedges for height, i just think it'll make me look shorter. 

Have a look at these amazingly cool midi skirts from ASOS, i'm pretty sure our most fashionable and ridiculously cheap Mr Price will be first to have these in store :) see how the top silhouette is always minimally simple and fitted properly, don't do box shapes or oversized with such a full bottom. 

MEET THE MIDI








I've been dressing a  lot girlier i don't know why maybe i realized its nicer lol I am such a big fan of a skater dresses and maxi skirts and dresses. These midi skirts are very adorbs unfortunately i can NOT pull them off as I'm too short, please be aware of where the hemline cuts your legs. If its a little longer than just under the knee it will chop your legs to appear shorter and thicker than they truly are. As in the images above you can notice stripy sandals; they are the better option as the boots cutting the ankle make your calves look bigger. 
Anyways hope you are braver than i am to rock this look :) If you short like me opt for simplicity wedge sandals rather than a strappy heel also keep the top simple in a basic shape like a black or white tee, tank, crop, sleeveless shirt...

I really feel like theres something whimsical about putting on a skirt or a dress, you always feel a lot more feminine; even though your feet are laced up in sneakers lol can't not love it and feel a bit like a princess right :) So let me leave with you love and smiles that you all have a great weekend :) feel free to try new things with fashion and hopefully our Cape Town weather is good to us 


RUSH x

No comments:

Post a Comment