THE BEGINNING...


'So I'm starting a blog! I would love to take you on my journey through this space where I began and where I'd like to go.
Check out my concepts from design to product, and also my interests within the fashion world! I'll even be sharing some of my very first work...'

Friday 1 March 2013

rock your "boat"

Hi there people ;) so its been quite a while since I've blogged, its shameful I neglect it! I've been so busy with work and no longer run my little clothing business :( but on the flip side I'm getting industry experience and I'll hopefully start my own thing as a side line eventually. Anyways I've been liking the input of "red, white & blue" this trend emerges every 50years or so and its funny how quickly people fall into it. The amazing  thing is that its not dying out! Definitely a new take on sailor, less obvious and very easy I like it coz its not over-kill, so have a looksie....

simplicity :) 
The THEME: clean, simplified nautical graphics.


as you can see it doesn't always have to have the classic red, white and blue. This sweat shirt has a graphic nautical inspiration which is bold and fun  


WHY WE SHOULD LOVE IT?? Perfect for summer (march might still be hot) cute on dresses and fun on graphic tees



So I'd suggest you opt for simplicity, keep it original and play around with the colours. You don't need to be a "look book" girl :) be inspired by classic nautical references, boating and sailing to create motifs. Focus on detail like anchors, rope and ship wheels.







Here's a couple of simple ideas:* For makeup inspiration try red, pearl white or navy nail polish. Don't be afraid for nail art if your look is simple.* a red lip* liquid line










if you look at the above little make up suggestions you can see that there isn't really ant effort that goes into it. you can totally keep you look simple and pimp it out with amazing hair and good makeup and mani :) wear colour nails with a simple crop tee in a grey melange, navy chino or cigarette pants with old school classic boat shoes/ mocassins or funk it up with sneakers like tomy takkies. denim is also an easy fabric texture to throw into the look, check out the nail art below... do this ONLY for your most simple look of a navy shift dress and nude heels for example.


i felt the need to add this really cool pics of Miley Cyrus, i'm not a fan but i think her look is so cute! i love mickey and mini mouse too...


these random little pieces make up for an awesome look :) style inspiration 


see, keep it simple...


Keep it real people! live and laugh and rock the boat! xx P.S!! Don't forget to keep the "boaters" alive...

No comments:

Post a Comment