THE BEGINNING...


'So I'm starting a blog! I would love to take you on my journey through this space where I began and where I'd like to go.
Check out my concepts from design to product, and also my interests within the fashion world! I'll even be sharing some of my very first work...'

Tuesday 11 October 2011

Little bits & bobs of me...

So life's been really crazy latey...but in a good way! Even though i'm a little freaked you get that feeling when you soooo stressed out you go into chill mode! well i thought i'd update the blog now, taking you back to second year once again! 2nd year 'TRINNY AND SUSANNAH' fashion show (Granger Bay V&A) I had a brief to design a leisure wear look, my inspiration was 80s grunge as it was totally hott at the time! check out my moodboard and see if you catch my idea before the design! :) 
 ...THE MOODBOARD...


...THE RANGE BOARDS...
I was really inspired by the streets! i love how dark and edgy it all looks; the feel is super edgy yet is glamorous all at the same time. It was a trend that had EVERYTHING over sized, ill-fitted and definitely street chic
This looks is a little more polished, consists of a distressed denim cross-over hooded dress- tied closed with a piece of chain, the dress has huge pockets as well, a sequined long length vest, purple faded denim skinny's and stirrup legwarmers

 This look consists of a large sequined hooded jacket, printed vest, denim waist coat and super low slung distressed jeans tucked into woolen legwarmers
 this hooded denim dress has more paneling detail and lots of top-stitching! i love the idea of the double skinny studded belts. The look has a knitted short sleeve longer length tee under a sequinned waistcoat with denim jeggings and legwarmers. 

...THE PRODUCT...
this is the look i made...
I made the beanie from a woolen knit and made the chain from glass beads and silver chain!  Fabrications are as follow-
vest: silver and black sequinned mesh
over sized shirt: poly cotton
Boyfriend jeans distressed denim: bleached, sand papered, grated!


No comments:

Post a Comment