THE BEGINNING...


'So I'm starting a blog! I would love to take you on my journey through this space where I began and where I'd like to go.
Check out my concepts from design to product, and also my interests within the fashion world! I'll even be sharing some of my very first work...'

Thursday 29 September 2011

SUMMER COLOUR LOVING

It feels as if summer's here in the mother city! Cape Town's been having some amazing weather for a while now (not today though) and i cant help but be inspired by colour! The colour blocking trend is to me personally a little dated, however i think that its perfect to dress up or rock to the beach in awesome summer times! its very unfortunate that our local stores and SA market are like 2years behind in fashion, BUT you can find some great pieces in random places if you look right =) check out my mood-boards to find your fashion flare...

COLOUR BLOCKING IS NOT DIFFERENT  COLOURS ON ITEMS IN PARTICULAR, ITS MORE ABOUT INDIVIDUAL BOLD PIECES

colour blocking can be super street or amazingly fabulous, it all depends on what you have in mind.


I love love love! how you can mix it up, it doesn't always have to be brights, look how cool the moody colours look :)  











Trends become a lifestyle, not only the threads you wear but the makeup you put on and the way you bling it up! check out the few things i heart below








COLOUR BLOCK YOURSELF! 


I'm not in the makeup industry but I'll suggest keeping your skin clean and matte, make only eyes and lips emphasized- dont try and make this bold statement for day wear! also very important! please note: never block your make-up so intensely or at all if your clothes are already the trend :) 

love these colours! so pretty!
look laid back in summer in soft blocking, looks great anywhere, not only the beach


DIGITAL VS. ANALOGUE

THE 'INSPIRATION'
THE 'DEFENDANT'!

 

THE 'RESULT'

I'm not dissing the analogue watches, i have some myself lol, but check out this simple watch, from Spitfire of all places who actually sells sunnies! I always think analogue is a little more serious and sophisticated, digital's a lot more playful and this one comes in pretty rad colours and the cool thing about it is if you buy more, the straps are interchangeable! could end up changing the colours yourself...as often as you like! 
>>>>>><<<<<<
THIS IS SUCH AN EASY LOOK TO PULL TOGETHER ON YOUR OWN!
some bold killer heels, a colour jeans, a vest and a leather jacket and a fun bright bag! anyone can do this :)
THIS TREND IS NOT A CERTAIN 'TYPE' OF CLOTHES!
this outfit is so cute! very old school vintage feel, i like that its dull and fits into another era while being spot on. see how well individual pieces make statements on its own


It's simple items that can make or break a trend, i think little accessories like a bag, scarf or belt can pull a look together.




DIFFERENT 'SWAG' DIFFERENT PEOPLE....SAME TREND


















So whether you an ultra modern fashionista; super fabulous seeking out glamour all the time or you a really chilled out laid back super easy going chick always trendy but relaxed you can rock this trend! I would suggest looking for shoes at stores like Aldo, Nine West and Zoom and you better believe that Woolies shoes are actually pretty gorge! then clothes you can find almost anywhere...just dont be predictable 
 

>>THE LAST GLIMPSE OF INSPIRATION<<











No comments:

Post a Comment