THE BEGINNING...


'So I'm starting a blog! I would love to take you on my journey through this space where I began and where I'd like to go.
Check out my concepts from design to product, and also my interests within the fashion world! I'll even be sharing some of my very first work...'

Saturday 24 November 2012

✽~PEPLUM PRINCESS~✽


I know this peplum trend has been around for a while, however we've just not been in the right season to rock it and finally we have access to these pretty little things in our local market. I’m sure a lot of you think ‘oh I could never pull it off’ well I feel the same but guess what we so can J so there are plenty of different cut designs, from peplum skirts to tops and dresses, it all depends on your body shape and correct style combination on whether you choose a top for example; how would you wear it? It’s simple, pair it up with skinny jeans, but keep the wash chic and not too busy and then jump into a pair of killer heels. For more about the trend, see more…  



I love this trend because it’s so feminine and lady-like, but personally it’s not my taste or maybe it hasn't decided to become part of my wardrobe yet lol. However I think I could consider it depending on the event and the style of it of course J the peplum trend is usually quite fitted on the bodice, it usually flares in a full or half circle from your waist or top hip down, it all gives a better effect of the desired shape and statement.


Pretty lady-like peplum with messy jeans :)

grungy

easy but glam
As you can see the above images, the peplum tops are quite flattering J you can wear them with skinny jeans as I've mentioned before, but you can also wear them with chino trousers or high waist body-con skirts. I think wearing it with a “high low” hem skirt is also super trendy to show off how to mix two trends.


SOME RED CARPET LOOKS... 


Scar Jo, Emma stone and Blake Lively
MANGO 







Fashion editorial 

SOME PEPLUM ON THE STREETS…






Some pretty peplum tops, skirts, dressie inspiration





The other way you could wear this trend is trying out the body-con style, in the end it’s all about where the peplum sits on your body. I like it when it sits right above your hip (but not on your actual hip, you don’t want to accentuate your widest part) it is subtle and makes you appear very posed.

SOME PEPLUM FROM ZANDO....




Classy and super stylish, Jo Borkett


R890.00

R590.00
LAST INSPIRATION, STREET STYLE…


SO SOOO PRETTY :)

MY FAVORITE ONE 


Remember ladies it’s all about how comfy you feel with a garment…you have to love it to own it! Hope I inspired a little xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment